Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Movie night with Lola

So, tonight was girls night for me and Lola, our 6 month old pup. Since Clay had to work late for Parent-Teacher Night (Shout out to Clay! So proud of you!), it was just me and Lola. We started off our evening with a drive down to the Wal-Green's to retrieve a new rope toy for Lola and the ever important aerosol hairspray. Sorry, Atmosphere, but I love me some aerosol hairspray. Upon our arrival at home, I thought that tonight would be the perfect night for popcorn & a movie. I have been craving stove-top popcorn all day. My old roommate, who is wise in life & all things culinary, taught me how to make it on the stove. It renders results like these:
M'mmm m'mmmm good. The only downside to stove top popcorn is that you need to be sure that the pot your popping your corn in is properly rinsed out. Mine had a faint taste of the Sausage-Chicken Gumbo that Clay is so fond of.

Well, we never got to the movie. Lola insisted on playing fetch. In the house. You want to know how I know she wants to play? She comes and slams, no joke, the ball down on or near you as to alert you to her readiness. Tonight, she slammed her ball down on my laptop, feet, and finally the clean laundry I was folding.

I caved. And we played for almost two hours. It wasn't until Clay got home that she gave up playing with me and moved onto someone with a fresh arm.

As much as this dog can drive me nuts and as sore as my arm is right now, I love the mess out of our pup. Truly.

1 comment: